“In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” I love this quote by Jennifer Lee Dukes because it reminds us that we have the power to be anything so being kind is of the utmost importance. By opening our minds, we can inspire ourselves to become a better version of who we are and in turn inspire others.
So, where do we find inspiration? We can find inspiration in nature, through technology, through inspirational quotes, through people we admire, and even within ourselves. Here are a few ways to find inspiration:
1. Yoga or meditation: This is a way to tune out the distractions of the outside world and make room for inspiration and possibilities.
2. Going for a Walk in Nature: Sometimes by disconnecting from the electronic world and connecting with nature may allow us to reconnect to our inspiration.
3. Draw, paint or use adult coloring books: These activities calm and distract us. When we are able to be distracted from the outside world, we can make room for creativity and allow ourselves to be inspired.
4. Try a new hobby: Trying something new can be fun and inspiring whether you’re good at it or not. Trying something new actually stimulates parts of the brain you have not previously accessed. Let your creative juices flow.
5. Volunteer: Volunteering has the benefits of doing something good for others and feeling good about yourself at the same time. Often you may meet others you inspire you, who are giving of their time too.
6. Give yourself time to disconnect: Put away the phone, laptop, and turn off the television. Allow yourself to journal, to think, or let your mind wander and imagine the possibilities.
7. Quotes that Inspire: I have several quotes that I truly find inspiring over the years. Here are few of my favorites:
Believe you can and you’re halfway there. Theodore Roosevelt
Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, “I’m Possible.” Audrey Hepburn
It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts. Ella Fitzgerald
Happiness is not by chance, but by choice. Jim Rohn
A champion is not defined by their wins, but how they can recover when they fall. Serena Williams
So no matter where you may find inspiration, take the opportunity and change your world!