When does a slip and fall injury require hiring a lawyer?
If you have a slip and fall injury and it was caused by the negligence or carelessness of another party, hiring a lawyer may be your best bet to recover significant damages. In instances where the individual suffered only a minor injury, hiring a lawyer isn’t necessary, but when medical treatment is needed, it’s worthwhile to request a case review. With the insight of a trusted legal professional, you can make an informed decision about how to proceed.
What criteria must be met in order to file a personal injury claim?
When our slip and fall lawyer reviews your case, he or she will determine if the following facts are present in order to meet the criteria necessary to file an injury claim:
- You sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident. A physician must confirm that your injury is valid and that it likely occurred from a slip and fall accident.
- The nonprofit organization was responsible for ensuring that you were safe while on their property or while working with them in some capacity, or else visiting their location or attending an event associated with them. In legal parlance, this is referred to as the defendant’s duty of care.
- The nonprofit organization breached its duty of care which directly resulted in the slip and fall accident that caused you one or more significant injuries.
What should I do after suffering an injury from a slip and fall accident?
After a slip and fall accident, it’s important to seek immediate medical attention. Many types of serious injuries do not present obvious symptoms immediately which can mislead people into thinking they are fine. In fact, life-threatening injuries to the brain are but one example of when the individual may opt to skip a hospital emergency room visit because they do not realize the seriousness of their condition. Without medical intervention, the individual may worsen their condition, or perish from it in the most extreme cases. After a medical examination by a doctor, consider doing the following:
- If you are diagnosed with an injury, get a copy of your paperwork as well as all receipts for proof of injury and reimbursement of costs.
- If your damages will run into the thousands of dollars or more, contact a slip and fall lawyer. With representation from an experienced slip and fall lawyer, you are far likelier to recover maximum damages, including from costs that you may not realize are compensable.
Who should I call for legal representation after a slip and fall accident?
Call a law firm without delay—a trip and fall lawyer in Memphis can review your case and provide you with the information you need to protect your best interests.
Thanks to Wiseman Bray, PLLC for their insight into personal injury claims and hiring a lawyer for your slip and fall accident.